Monday, December 20, 2010

moments

there are moments when i fall in love with my life all over again. typically, they are the simple times. sunday was one of those days. i fell in love again and i'm kind of glowing because of it.

david was gone all day. i woke to eli laying next to me where i would usually find david. like clockwork emma called from her crib to be set free. our day began.

we spent the day doing everything and nothing, all at the same time. between loads of laundry i chased giggly children around the house with maracas. i let eli beat me at THIS game. we read THIS book. we threw sticky hands in the air and i got a ladder to peel them off the ceiling. we napped together. we only left the house but to roll the garbage can to the curb by the glow of our christmas lights.

simple times that don't seem so far. and yes, we are okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find even a fraction of the joy you find in such simple things. Sherry