Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cheering Up

I've been a bit quiet lately. I've been in a funk. I think it's because I miss my parents. 

Dad and Mom...there you are in California and here I am in Texas. I miss you. Oh, how I wish I could have you over. Mom, we'd watch House Hunters and bet over which house they are going to choose. We'd go shopping and try to find some flower shoes. Then, we'd eat Mexican food because it's your favorite. Dad, we'd take photographs and figure out how to edit our photos. If you had some extra time, I'd ask you to help David and I build a deck. But, there you are in California and here I am in Texas.

Emma wasn't feeling well tonight, so, she went to bed early. David, Eli and I went out in the garden and discovered some new bounty. 
Boxes full of bounty
What is hiding under these leaves?
Zucchini!
And cucumbers the size of my hand. 

Seriously, I didn't realize I had cucumbers until today. They were hiding under the leaves. There's more coming too! David agreed to build me a few more square foot garden boxes to fill our little garden to the max. Nothing like a good old square foot garden to get me out of my funk. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You in a funk? I can't imagine---most of the time I'm in a funk and when I read your blog I think to myself "How does that girl stay SO happy and SO positive all the time?" I wish I had even 1/4 of your contentment! :)
Sherry