Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happiness

Happiness is pulling out my most favorite placemats for my breakfast nook table.
Happiness is sitting down for dinner and talking with my husband about grace.
Happiness is discovering the first tomato in my garden.
Happiness is a bike ride to my friends house just to talk about whatever we fancy.
Happiness is receiving California in a box on my doorstep in Texas.
Happiness is the smell of Johnsons & Johnsons soap on the skin of my children.
Happiness is compost in our hair, sand in our toes and mosquito bites on our legs all in the name of spending hours outdoors.
Happiness is watching the peaches on our tree grow.
Happiness is taking it slow and easy.
Happiness is Wednesday because Thursday is my favorite day of the week.
Happiness is, it just is.

No comments: