Thursday, September 16, 2010

the diary of a mother - part 3 of 7,459

i fell in love with motherhood today for the 1,519,034th time.

i am truly happiest when i am in my role as a mother, one who stays home and makes everything lovely for the family.

when the morning was crazy trying to get myself and both children dressed and head out the door before 9am, i had a smile on my face.
when i was dressing a boy and feeding him breakfast and making his lunch all at the same time, i had a smile on my face.
when i was sweeping the floor and emma insisted on helping me but instead twirled the broom around knocking everything off the kitchen counter, i had a smile on my face.
when i changed clothes 3 times in 6 hours because a certain little girl likes to use me as a kleenex, i had a smile on my face.
when i was juggling two children...a girl on my hip and a boy hand in hand, while walking into costco, i had a smile on my face.
when the three of us were admiring the moon and watching the sunset while we drove down a country road, i had a smile on my face.

it's the simple days that get me.

No comments: