Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just one of those days

Just being real from our little home in Texas.

Today was just one of those days. 

First, almost made my mom miss her flight back to California.
Then, I put our guest bed away and became sad because my mom was gone.
One of those days when the vacuum just sat in the hallway. I so wanted to use it, but I just kept looking at it.
Then, I filled the washing machine way too full and caused it to overflow. Water all over the tile and carpet. Sweet!
Then, my cell phone rang and it was my mom. She was there and I am here. Doesn't seem right at all. So, I turned up the music and Emma and I danced to THIS song. I changed the lyrics to "my blue eyed girl." But, all it did was bring back fond memories of camping on the bluffs of San Onofre State Beach with David and my black Chevy S10 pickup.
Finally, I had enough with feeling sorry for myself. The children and I headed to the garden. Emma ate compost. Eli sat in a lawn chair. And I, I worked in the garden beds, "and that has made all the difference."

I know why God moved us to Texas. It's not always easy, but it's good.

No comments: