Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful


Yesterday at 8am sharp, I opened the door to Emma's nursery to see her smiling face. "I couldn't wait for you to wake up," I said to her. One of the best parts of my day is seeing her bright eyes and sweet smile in the morning. I picked up my baby, gave her a big hug, and our day began.

Last night Eli woke me up. He was crying. He climbed over me in bed, found his spot between David and I and said, "I saw something scary in the hallway." In a sleepy state I asked him, "what did it look like?" "It was sharp and scary," he replied. We cuddled and off to dreamland we went.

Last night David and I were riding in our truck. We drove down the bumpy road listening to THIS song. While driving, I was reflecting back on this year. We live in Texas, a small, dot on the map town where I never thought I would be. Truth is, I would have followed David anywhere. I love this man, beyond words, I love this man. This year, God has changed my husband in so many ways. A simple line from the song sums up the change God has brought to David...

"And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown. For my reward is bringing glory to You."

If you dig deep and get me to open up, you'll find out that our years here in Texas have not been easy. We've had people say, "gosh, you just can't catch a break." When confronted with those words, we smile and move on. My friends, yes, we cannot catch a break according to the worlds standards, but, what we have learned, the adventure that these years have been, the joy we've taken in having no one else to turn to than Jesus is priceless. I wouldn't trade that for any high paying job or new car.

Today, I am thankful that we are so special in His eyes that He would refine us in this fire called life. Beyond words. I. Am. Thankful.

No comments: