Monday, February 22, 2010

Fine Art Wall

Above the children's little red table in our breakfast nook was a bare wall. For the past couple of months, I had looked everywhere for something to hang on the wall to display Eli and Emma's artwork. One day, I opened the closet in our craft room and found a framed print that we hung in our California home. It had been 3 years since our move and the print never made it out of the closet, so I decided to re-purpose it and turn it into a fine art display.
I took the backing off, removed the print, mat and glass. 

I attached six screws on the back and tied jewelry wire from each side.

Then, I attached a few mini clothespins with the children's names on them.

For a few dollars, I have a sweet little place to hang pictures and artwork.

Currently on display: a few family pictures, a frog puppet and Eli's marble painting project.

1 comment:

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Adorable! I love it! :) Yup, I got a haircut. Thanks!