Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On Being Torn


"Look, it's California," Eli said on Saturday while we drove down the highway. I looked at where he was pointing and for a minute, I thought I was actually there. It had been raining in Dallas, the clouds parted, the sun was setting and the outline of the clouds against the sunset looked liked mountains.

I'm torn living here in Texas.

Here we have a simple life, a debt free life, I have a garden, we live on a cul-de-sack, great neighbors, great friends.

There, my family, the mountains, our church, the history of us. The high school where we met, our favorite cafe, my favorite walking spot, our beach, our camping spot.

I'm torn and who knows how long I'll feel that way. But today I live in Texas, my life is simple, we live on the most perfect cul-de-sack and my garden will be glorious this spring.

No comments: