Friday, October 23, 2009

Perfectly Imperfect


I glanced in the mirror last night and smiled. Smiled because my hair was in a messy state, my face was full of freckles and blemishes and I was wearing the most comfy sweatshirt from my college days. I smiled because I love each and every one of the freckles on my face. I smiled because it's those blemishes that make me real. There's no airbrushing in my world. I smiled because I'm going on day 14 of wearing my hair up because I've been way too lazy to do something with it. I smiled because I am real, I've had a rough week, I ate one too many cookies today, I almost ran into a street light today while bike riding, I smiled because that's me, and I love it.

I smiled because the weekend is near and all I want to do is work in the garden, and do a little craft, and clean my home, and visit a local eatery, and ride bikes with the children. I smiled because regardless of having a rough week and a few blemishes, I love my life. It is good.

No comments: