Monday, July 6, 2009

The Beach...A Photo Essay

While in California, we headed to San Clemente State Beach for a Saturday afternoon wedding. I was in heaven. As I walked through the camp ground I missed David. We camped there. Right there on the bluffs. We enjoyed a campfire, we ate the most delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, we hiked down to the beach and spent the entire day laying in the sand, basking in the sun and eating granny smith apples. This one particular camping trip, we both forgot to bring a watch. The only clock we had was the clock in my truck. So, we constantly lost track of time, the days were never ending. We ate breakfast every morning sitting on a picnic bench with the ocean breeze, we ate lunch at the beach in our bathing suits, we ate dinner at dusk to the glow of a campfire. Fond memories. Time seemed to have stood still for that week of camping.

Now I was there with our offspring. We played in the sand. I took a million photographs. We played in the surf. We had sand stuck to every part of our body. It was lovely.







No comments: