Monday, May 25, 2009

Why I blog?

Originally, this blog began as a way for me to stay in contact with my parents who live a 24 hour drive away from us. It started 2+ years ago. Since then, for me, it's turned into something even more. 
I blog because I love taking pictures of my family
I blog because I love taking pictures of my home
I blog because I love taking pictures of the simple pleasures in life and sharing them
I blog because I love to write yet rarely have time to pick up a pen and a piece of paper
I blog because I love to garden and love having someone to share my love with
I blog because I love my family
I blog because it reminds me to keep clicking my camera. Even on those days when I'm battling two grumpy children and a rainy day
I blog because I love taking pictures of things people would not normally photograph
I blog because I miss my parents so, so, so dearly and this is a way to share my delightful little life with them
I blog because I'm able to keep in contact with my dear California friends and make some new ones via the blogging community
I blog because if I can just inspire one person to get outside and grow something 
or take a long walk with their family 
or laugh instead of get upset when their child does something like pour an entire baby bottle of milk all over his sisters head 5 minutes before we are about to leave the house (happened yesterday) 
or take a picture of a birds nest...
then, this whole blog of mine is worth my while