Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Full of Joy

My Mothers Day necklace. Gifted to me by my dear husband
The past couple of days brought joy. So much that I am...
f
u
l
l

o
f

j
o
y
It started on Saturday. David had to work, it rained, we opened the breakfast nook window so the smell of jasmine could fill the house. David picked up Chinese food on his way home. I love Chinese food. A lovely day.

It continued on Sunday. The day was beautiful. David mowed the lawn while Eli and I sprinkled Starbucks coffee grounds all over the garden to keep the slugs away. We discovered a caterpillar who was eating our romaine lettuce. Eli insisted we put it in his bug catcher and keep him. He's our new pet. Last night I fed him more romaine lettuce and filtered water...what's wrong with me? My dad bought us plane tickets for a 2 week California trip. I was so excited, I grabbed Eli and we jumped up and down in Emma's room. We grilled chicken for dinner and watched the Lakers win game 7. A lovely day.

Then Monday came, the best day of all. The weather was beautiful. Upon waking, I began dreaming of a trip to the park and dinner outdoors. I found out I PASSED my teacher certification test, a total God thing I tell you. I was so excited, I grabbed Eli and Emma and we jumped up and down in the kitchen. I wore the most adorable red and white poka-dot blouse. Took a long walk to the park, picked flowers (weeds actually) on the way. Watered the garden and trees. Grabbed Subway sandwiches and headed back to the park for dinner. A lovely day. 

I learned...
life is joyful
wear red more often
weeds can be beautiful
Chinese food is so good
i can pass a crazy 4 hour test
i love to eat outdoors 

2 comments:

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

How beautiful! What a gorgeous necklace! Glad you had such a wonderful few days, and congratulations on passing your test!

3 SISTERS said...

YAY, you passed the test. I knew you would. I love the necklace. I hope you have many more delightful days.