Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am thankful

This afternoon Eli was released from the hospital. It feels lovely to have my little boy home. They concluded that the head cold he was battling went into his lymph nodes. He will be on antibiotics for two weeks. After a week, if he's not better, they will reassess and possibly do a CT scan. As we were leaving the hospital, I said to David, "I think I take our health for granted!" During our stay at the hospital, I saw mothers pulling their little ones around the hospital in big red wagons while, at the same time pulling an IV attached to their precious cargo. One little boy in particular had no hair which led me to believe he was battling a form of cancer. My heart broke again and again. 

I had a few pity parties over the last 36+ hours, but, as always, God reminds me HE is in control and will take care of everyone who is dear to my heart. My son is home so I can sleep well tonight. My son is home so I can rest. My son is home so we can continue our days of gardening, crafting, noise-making and laughing.

I am thankful!

1 comment:

3 SISTERS said...

Looks like we have both had our time in the hospital lately. I am so happy he is home as well as my baby. I hope he gets better soon. I too had to really look to GOd for srength and realized how lucky I am because I too saw mothers and familys who were so sad looking and met a mother whose son has cancer. It broke my heart when I saw little ones with IV poles or the babies in the NICU who were fighting for their lives. The nurse told me that whenever things got bad or I got stressed tot hink that alot of the babies wont come out alive and how lucky we are to have healthy children.
God Bless you and your family.