Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

This morning Eli woke me up bright and early at 7:00 a.m. I didn't care because he's home. The night he was in the hospital, I couldn't sleep. I found myself in his bedroom at 2:00 a.m. folding his clothes, putting them away and washing his bedding with hopes that he'd come home soon. The day we took him to the hospital, I was away from Emma for 12 hours. I knew she was well taken care of, but, I missed my baby. I wanted nothing more than to lay in our bed together, tummy to tummy and feed her. The night David spent with Eli in the hospital was long. Our usual crazy baby infested home was quiet. Emma slept well, so I didn't even have the noise of a crying baby. I missed our little party of four.

So, here's a small list of what I'm thankful for this year (portions are from my comment posted on my November give-away post):
1) I am thankful for our family, our party of four, the crazy days with them and the quiet
2) I am thankful that I am a Christian. God chose me, little old me. Imagine that!
3) I am thankful for our health
4) I am thankful that I have never opened our pantry or refrigerator and found no food. We have never been without
5) I am thankful that I live in the United States of America
6) I am thankful that every day is a new day, and, no matter what happened, good or bad, in the previous day, the sun will rise again
7) I am thankful for the baby weight I'm yet to lose. Crazy thing to be thankful for? I am thankful for it because it means I have carried a child, not one, but two. I would not trade my children for being 15 pounds lighter
8) I am thankful for my dear husband. We've had a crazy life together and it's only just began
9) I am thankful for cheaper gas prices. I mean that! I filled up my tank for $1.56 a gallon the other day. 
10) I am thankful that my parents plan to drive 24 hours, from California to Texas in December just to spend Christmas with us
11) I am thankful that in this crazy chaotic world, I find peace. Not in the things of this world, but in God. He is my strength, He is my source, He is my hope
12) I am thankful for my garden that keeps me dreaming season after season
13) I am thankful that we live a simple life. Not complicated by things, money, 401k's or other such things. Life was always meant to be simple
14) I am thankful for our home. It's constantly changing, it's always warm, it's an expression of who I am
15) I am thankful for my son Eli who always keeps me smiling. And I mean that, at this every moment he's roaming through the house looking for his Daddy while yelling, "DAVID, DAVID, DAVID, DAVID!!!!!"
16) I am thankful for Emma who just recently found her voice. The baby squeals are music to my ears
I am thankful

No comments: