Tuesday, July 8, 2008

25 Random Things

Since I typically post about Eli, I thought I'd be selfish a bit and post about myself. Here are 25 random things you may or may not know about me:
1) I cannot live without Q-tips, I think they are the greatest invention ever
2) I'm a obsessive vacuumer, I usually vacuum every other day
3) I'm a list maker
4) I get my haircut religiously every two months. I'm a believer in paying big bucks for a haircut, especially for long hair
5) I am uncomfortable around a lot of noise, a lot of people and a lot of animals
6) I hate, hate, hate cigarette smoke. I can smell is a mile away and I think smoking cigarettes is a waste
7) Ever since I've had Eli, I've pictured myself the mother of all boys
8) I am not a big family type of person. Two children is ideal, three children is my maximum. It makes me REALLY uptight and nervous to watch the television show Jon & Kate plus Eight
9) I don't like cashews
10) I love flip-flops and I have quite a collection of them. I wear them all the time even though my Dad says they give you (how did you put it Dad?) brick feet
11) I always wanted to own a brick house, but now that I do, I miss stucco
12) I am a worry wart, but I try to hide it
13) When I eat cold cereal, I pour the milk into the bowl first, then put the cereal in the bowl one handful at a time. Why? Because I cannot stand to eat soggy cereal
14) I am afraid of heights, afraid of being electrocuted and afraid of open water
15) I don't have a lot of friends, nor do I think I really want a lot of friends. I'm more about quality than quantity...meaning...I'd rather have 1 or 2 close friends then a bunch of shallow friendships
16) I don't believe in love at first sight because love is more than a feeling
17) I also don't believe everyone has a soul mate. I'm sure there are thousands of people in the world who I could have married and been happy...but...I chose David
18) I try to keep a journal, but I never get very far
19) Clutter makes me extremely nervous
20) I cannot stand to have my fingernails polished but I always have to have my toenails polished
21) I find joy in simplicity
22) I have a passion for teaching and although I LOVE being a stay-at-home mom, I look forward to returning to teaching. But, sometimes I wish I would have majored in something like landscape architecture...that sounds exciting
23) I often daydream
24) I prefer under decorated rooms
25) I do strange things like make random lists about myself for others to read

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hey Melissa! I love your list! I can relate to a lot of those! I just noticed that today is the due date. I was late so hopefully you won't be upset if the baby comes next week. Take it easy, order pizza, and get some rest! I miss you!

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

You're too funny... Thanks for letting us learn more about you! Daniel feels the same way about "Jon and Kate plus 8!" :)