Tuesday, April 5, 2011

little things

when i'm away from home, i miss the little things...
like kissing emma's curls as i pick her up out of her crib in the morning.
like hearing emma call me a princess just because i slip on a skirt.
like being the one to help eli with his barn school homework.
like hearing eli tap his pencil on the breakfast nook table to let me know he's written a sentence and is ready for me to check his work.
like hearing the garage door open and running to the backdoor with the children because daddy is home.
like telling david everything that happened during my day and hearing all of his day.
like flying kites at the park and riding bikes in the cul-de-sac.
like our amazing garden and how i love it so.

yep, those little things...they get me every single time.

No comments: