Monday, February 1, 2010

On the road

These flower shoes were on the road over the weekend. Destination: Houston, Texas for a teachers summit. Could have flown but driving sounded more interesting to me. 
This man was my schofer. 

We stayed in a fancy hotel. The hotel was full of cowboys attending a fishing lure convention. At midnight on Friday, we could have left our hotel room to view thousands and thousands of fishing lures. We didn't. A little too much partying for my taste. I also saw a man wearing the largest cowboy hat I have ever seen in my life. I kept thinking he might fall over because he was top heavy. 

After all my teacher meetings were complete, we headed to Galveston to see a Texas beach. I had no idea what to expect. The only beach I've ever seen was a California and Maui beach. 

It was obvious the town was still recovering from hurricane Ike. The pier was a total loss, beach houses were damaged. Not like the Laguna Beach I had envisioned in my mind. 

A weekend alone with David. Priceless. We talked about our plans for our 10 year wedding anniversary in June. We listened to some good music while driving down the country highway. We saw trees. A huge statue of Sam Houston...guess he's an important guy (still need to do a little research on that one). We missed our children like crazy. 

No comments: