Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gray

Every night I read Eli and my favor book, Fredrick, by Leo Lionni. A good read. In the wise words of Mr. Fredrick himself, "...winter is gray."

It surely is.

So, I offer you a photo essay of all the things I am missing. Seriously. Missing.




















I find myself searching through iphoto to get me through these cold months. I'm planning. I'm dreaming. I even went so far as to order a new gardening book from Amazon. I'm not so patiently waiting for the cold to pass so I can spend my days outdoors.

Picture this. An even bigger garden next year. Marigolds singing. Cucumbers stretching. Little feet dancing among the bounty. Next year I will have two little gardeners. Eli will fill Emma in on the rules of our garden.

1) smile
2) get dirty
3) gardening gloves not allowed
4) popsicles a must

Yes, winter is gray. But, it only causes me to appreciate the spring and summer colors even more.

No comments: