Friday, September 4, 2009

In the garden

It stormed last night. The storms held out long enough for us to enjoy some time in the garden. It's nearing the end of this growing season, we will soon plant winter veggies to enjoy with sweaters and jeans and scarves.



Work has been busy. I find myself sitting in our robins egg blue craft room dreaming of the day when work slows down. "Soon, my beloved," I hear spoken in my ear. The most precious thing about the craft room that I now call my office is even though I'm working, I can still hear the giggles taking place right outside the door. I can imagine the smiles that often call me away from work and into our family room full of children. I can look outside the window, and although I'm working, I can see our apple trees, small as can be, but I start dreaming of day when they will be full of apples. When I'll walk outside just to pick a few to add to a salad. 

"Soon, my beloved, soon."

1 comment:

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

I'd give anything for a big storm! :)