Thursday, August 13, 2009

Love Grows Here

What I love about my life right now is it's ever changing. 
My life is not, I repeat, not boring.

Today I sat in a room with 15 or so teachers. They were as sweet as can be. As we went around the room introducing ourselves, one thing in particular caught my attention in all the women...gratitude. They are so grateful for their job, one even to tears. They are so grateful to be able to work from home, contribute financially to their family and yet, not miss a moment with their children. I too am filled with gratitude. 

Today I held Emma close. I threw her in the air and watched her little face full of joy. I knelt down while she was across the room, held out my arms and she ran to me. Today I twirled around with my daughter until I was dizzy. 

Today I dug in the dirt with Eli in search for worms. I let him ride his bicycle in the street, oh the joy of living on a cul-de-sack. We pulled weeds together and trimmed vines. Today I let Eli cut paper into tiny little pieces and I didn't even mind if they were spread all over the floor. 

Even though I grabbed cinnamon scented air freshener and sprayed it all over my neck because I thought it was perfume, today was still a good day.

No comments: