Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dear Spring...

Dear Spring,
You delivered. Oh, how you delivered. I've been watching and waiting, watching and waiting. I noticed a few sparrows checking out the vacant nest in our tree. I can just imagine what each of their little bird brains were thinking...
"too much straw"
"too big"
"too deep"
"too fluffy"
David checked on our nest Sunday afternoon. Eggs, he found eggs. Then, by Monday afternoon I discovered this...
A tiny and very hungry little chick. Every time I jiggled the tree, his little mouth would open and he'd wiggle around thinking it was his mom. All I had to give him was a chewed up piece of gum from my mouth, but I kept it for myself. 

Dear Spring,
We've been enjoying your warmth with long walks. We've been enjoying your bounty with our first harvest of the season (green beans!). We've been enjoying one of our favorite seasons.

Fondly,
The Butler Four

1 comment:

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

That's too sweet! I bet your kids loved seeing the baby bird!