Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Cleaning - Day 7 and a Letter to Dad and Mom

How are you doing with your spring cleaning friends? I'm one of the odd people who actually enjoys cleaning. So, spring cleaning is a treat for me. It's a treat but a bit more difficult to do with two children. When I'm cleaning, I usually have Eli following me and making a mess. Then, I have Emma at my feet either crying or mashing soggy cherrios into the carpet. But, no worries, I still manage to get things done.

Our spring cleaning task for day 7 is to organize and clean our laundry room. I have an advantage on this one because my laundry room isn't very big. It's probably a good thing, less to clean. Completing this task may be different for you, but, this is how I will complete it...
1) Organize the shelves
2) Put away clean clothes 
3) Clean off random items on dryer
4) Wipe down the washer and dryer
5) With the vacuum hose attachment, dust under and around the washer and dryer
6) Sweep and mop the floor
On another note, I've been California dreaming lately. To take my mind off of California, Eli, Emma and myself will be heading to the museum today. But here's what's really on my mind...
Dear Dad and Mom,
I'm over here in Texas and it is beautiful. The blue bonnets are blooming, everything is turning green and my garden is even more beautiful than last year. I have some seedlings hanging out on our window seat just waiting for me to add them to the garden. There are green beans and marigolds and spinach and chives and canteloupe and zuchinni. 

Your grandson has been driving me crazy lately. If he's not wrestling Emma, then he's trying to eat toothpaste or he's begging me to eat candy. I think it's because he wants you. I think it's because he wants to go to Disneyland and eat an In & Out burger and swim in your pool and chase Wesley & Wynne and bang on Chico's birdcage. I think he just wants to drive you crazy for a change. 

I'll see you next month, I promise. We'll go to the beach and collect rocks and practice our photography and if we're feeling brave, we'll take a drive through the mountains even though mom and I usually get carsick. 

I have to warn you, your house will get crazy loud because I'll be bringing a truck load of children. See you soon, can't wait.

Love you,
Your daughter



2 comments:

Dad said...

Can't wait to see you all.

Love
Dad

Alisa said...

I HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS TOO!

-ALISA