Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Cleaning - Day 10

I've been dreading this spring cleaning task. Dreading it because it's a lot of work, but looking forward to it in a way because it's my pet peeve. I cannot stand to have dusty baseboards. I know, I know, super strange, but that's me. 

So, our spring cleaning task for day 10 is to vacuum your baseboards. This one is tough, I'm not going to lie, but rewarding.

When I was just a few weeks away from delivering Emma, I just had to have clean baseboards. A nesting thing. Picture this: Me...way, way, way big and pregnant (you've seen the pictures, I was huge), squating down with the vacuum, throughout our 2100 square foot house, cleaning our baseboards. I'm not one of those 'sit on the couch just waiting for the baby to arrive' person. 

This is how I will complete this task:
1) Using the brush attachment on my vacuum, run the brush over the top of the baseboards. 
2) Keep repeating and repeating
3) Some rooms, like the kitchen and bathrooms, may also need a damp rag run over the baseboards

I don't move furniture during this cleaning task, way too much work!
Happy cleaning my friends!

No comments: