Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sunflower Blooms

One of the things I love about Texas are the wildflowers. Every seasons yields different flowers on the roadside. August gave us sunflowers. While driving home from the grocery store the other day, I just had to pull over and take a picture or two.
I so wanted to grab some scissors and cut a few for our breakfast nook table. My fear of coming across some little critters kept me in the car. I so miss the bunches of sweet Gerbera Daisies my mom use to bring me weekly. Still missing California, I think I always will.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Do you think you will ever move back? I am in love with sunflowers too!

our delightful life said...

Hey Christine,
Love the sunflower picture on your blog. You take the best photographs! Not sure if we'll ever move back. David doesn't miss CA like I do, but that's probably because all his family followed us out to Texas and my family is still back in CA.