Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chocolate Pudding Pie...yummy!

I made chicken pot pie the other night. I've never attempted to make my own pie crust, nor do I want to. So, I always buy the store bought rolled pie crusts. After my pot pie was in the oven, I noticed some recipes on the inside of the box. I clipped them, left them on the counter where David discovered the recipe for Chocolate Pudding Pie. He looked at the recipe, then looked at me and said, "are you going to make this for me???" He had a sweet look on his face so how could I resist?The recipe is super easy and super yummy. We gobbled the pie up. It wasn't until I was eating my final piece that I thought of taking a picture of it to share it with you! It was late at night, hence, the not so great picture. Here you go, you have to try this one!
***
Chocolate Pudding Pie
1 pie crust
1-3.4 oz. package of french vanilla instant pudding
1-3.9 oz. package of chocolate instant pudding
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 pt. soft vanilla ice cream
whipped topping
***
Prepare pie crust according to directions on package for one crust pie (this includes baking the crust according to the directions).
1) Mix puddings and milk
2) Stir in spices and ice cream to pudding mixture
3) Pour into pie crust, cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 4 hours
You may need to thaw pie just a little bit before cutting to serve. Top with a dollup of whipped topping. Store leftovers in freezer. Enjoy!!!
***

1 comment:

3 SISTERS said...

This looks yummy!! Thank you for leaving your comments. I also love to see that our friends and family reading our blog. I read your blog daily. I also like your friends blog from Rancho Cucamonga. I love to see other moms daily activities. It helps motivate me. Take care, your kids are so adorable. Love, Vickie