Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall is in the Air

Let me tell you how incredibly excited I am to see pumpkins. What is it about pumpkins anyway? I don't know, I just adore them. Here's what I'm excited about today:
-our early morning trip to the park wearing pants and sweaters. today was the first day it really felt like fall.
-magazines have arrived in the mail with pumpkins, mums and orange-tones on the cover
-the a/c is turned off and the windows are open!
-it's almost October 1st, my official "take down the fall decor from the attic and decorate the home" day.
-i don't have to make dinner. it's leftover day. that means we can go outside in the early evening and blow bubbles, pick flowers and have a front yard picnic.
-the sunflowers i bought for our breakfast nook table are still alive and beautiful.
-both my babies are bathed and smell oh so sweet.
***
What are you excited about today?


1 comment:

Christine said...

I thought I was hating to see summer go but now I am getting in the mood for fall. I just don't want winter to come after that...ha ha!

I'm excited to make some soups!!!