Thursday, July 17, 2008

Keeping E Busy

Okay, mothers of 2 or more children...am I totally strange for being worried that Eli would feel left out with a new baby in the family?
***
Emma has been with us for almost a week and Eli is doing quite well with the adjustment. Last night while David was outside mowing the lawn, Eli had is first official "I'm jealous of Emma and I want you Mommy to put her down so you can pick me up and cuddle me just like we've always done and if Emma cries I want you to pretend like you can't hear her don't even go near her or look at her just look at me" episode (the episode went on for a while hence the run-on sentence). I handled it well though. I've been doing my very best to spend alone time with Eli, reading books on his bed, playing with play-doh, having tickle fights and cuddle time. After all, Emma and I have all night to spend time alone when everyone else is sleeping!

2 comments:

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Awww. I feel for you! It is so tough sometimes, but keep reminding yourself this will build Eli's character! It gets much easier, and your heart will melt when you see them voluntarily hugging, or sharing, or laughing together!

Christine said...

I totally agree with the above comment. It does get easier. It can be really tough at times. Even still Jackson will tell me to leave Miles at home or to not get him when he wakes up from his nap. But they really do love each others company. It took us awhile to get to this point.