Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Introducing...Eli's new room

It started off as a typical white walled room.
First order of business was to install a chair rail.
My handy husband David did that one Saturday afternoon.
Then, he painted.
Here's where sweet Eli sleeps soundly night after night
A very dark picture of Eli's learning corner
The room was inspired by this cute quilt I found at Pottery Barn Kids
Also, the inspiration came from Eli's love of trains
What little boy doesn't love trains?
Then, I pulled out my paint brushes and paint and got to work
Buying artwork for the walls is lovely, but it's better when you paint it yourself

We are organized in Eli's room
Everything has it's place, but it doesn't always mean it finds it's place


Cute red shelves to display our favorite finds

Some artwork made from his baby footprint
I finally found a place to display it

Eli's learning corner
The little chair in an antique
It was my dad's kindergarten chair
Eli loves it, and so do I

Lastly, a nice red piggy bank to complete the room
***
So, what did you think?

1 comment:

Christine said...

That is amazing. I love the paintings, footprints, and adorable bedspread. How cute!! Where do you get all this energy?