Friday, October 16, 2009

Dear Dad...


Dear Dad,
The other day I was thinking about how I use to work for you. Remember? Those 7 years when I worked for you? I still think I was your favorite secretary. But, remember how we had an "official" meeting and changed my title to Project Administrator?

Remember how we would deliver candy to all our customers in December? How we'd play Santa Claus? Remember how we'd walk across the street and eat mexican food for lunch? Remember those days when I would finish all my work and go around the office organizing things? Or decorating for each season? I still miss working with you, I think that will be my favorite job...forever. I miss meeting with architects, I miss running plans, I miss reviewing submittals, I miss creating subcontracts, I miss answering the phone, I miss going to job walks. I miss it all. I miss you.

Remember how I would go with you to check on projects? How we'd walk through mud, how we would stop at Starbucks? Remember how you would line up all the things on my desk, the stapler, the tape dispenser, the cup holder? I miss that. I miss you.

Remember when I walked into your office one morning and said, "Does this outfit look okay?" You looked at me and shook her head no. Remember how I turned around, got my purse and drove back home to change? Remember that? I still wear funky outfits every now and then, but I don't have you here to tell me to go home and change. Remember the morning I was late because I had a dream that it was Saturday? Remember how you kept teasing me about it? I miss that. I miss you.

Fondly,
Your daughter and favorite Project Administrator

No comments: