Friday, July 10, 2009

Dear Emma

Dear Emma,
You're almost there my daughter, you are almost one year old. I am so proud of you and all the things you have accomplished during your first year of life. First, you successfully made it out of the birth canal, that's a big deal. When you arrived, the first thing I heard was your Daddy say, "it's a girl!" The joy of that moment is forever etched into my heart. You are the sweetest little girl I know. You smell heavenly even after you've been playing outside in the grass. Your fuzzy head of hair is so soft, I probably kiss your head 1,000 times a day, seriously! You wiggle like a fish out of water, just changing your diaper is a huge task. You just adore bananas and totally dig carrots.

During your first months of life, I'd often look at you and wonder if you would have your brothers crinkle nose smile. You do! I fall in love with you more and more when I see that sweet smile. You are walking up a storm and I just bought you your first pair of real shoes. So, there are many, many evening walks and afternoons in the garden in our future. 

My daughter, you are loved, you are such a beauty and you are mine, my daughter. I love you dearly and feel absolutely blessed to be your mother.

Love,
Your mother

No comments: