Monday, January 12, 2009

My Paris

Last week, in the wee hours of the morning, I was up with my dear Emma. It was about 5:00 a.m. She was wide awake. I gave in to her bright eyes, we cuddled together in bed to the light of my beloved MacBook Air. I decided since I was up, I'd catch up on a bit of blog reading. I was reading this blog. As I read about how the blogger was moving to Paris in a week because it was her dream to do so, I found myself getting a bit jealous. Jealous because of her upcoming adventure, jealous because I want to be out traveling, jealous because she's moving to Paris...need I say more? I decided to close my Mac and attempt to stop being jealous. So, Emma and I laid in bed, tummy to tummy and I drifted off into a daydream. When my daydreaming ended, I looked down and realized Emma had fallen asleep. I looked at her sweet face and I rubbed her fuzz covered head. Then, I realized there was no other place on Earth I'd rather be, even Paris, than laying tummy to tummy at 5:00 a.m. in our cozy bed with my daughter. It dawned on me that Emma is my Paris

So dear Paris, you'll have to wait, I'm too busy right now to visit you. I'm too busy changing diapers, coloring, playing with Play-doh and swinging at the playground. I can however, visit Perris, California and Paris, Texas. 

Bon Voyage! 

No comments: