Thursday, September 4, 2008

The house just wasn't the same...

Today's events: Eli's first day of school
Up and ready to go. Backpack on. Breakfast in his mouth. Mom taking pictures like crazy.









Getting in the car. I so wanted to have him turn around and go back in the house. I wasn't ready to let him go.












We've arrived at school. Eli is fine, I on the other hand, have tears in my eyes.











2:00 p.m. - time to pick Eli up. You bet I was early. I was practically pacing the house watching the clock waiting for 2pm to draw near.











Home at last, home at last, home at last. He wanted to stay at school, I was glad to have him home. It turns out the first day of school is harder on me than it is on Eli.

Kelly brought over afternoon treats of cupcakes to celebrate their first day of school.

I think I can handle this school thing. I know I'll blink one day and I'll be sending Eli off to college.

2 comments:

Christine said...

How adorable. I CAN NOT believe that they have him at the church for that many hours. COOL for you! Party time.

3 SISTERS said...

Wow Eli is a big boy!!! He is so cutie. That's a long day. That means girl time with Emma.