Monday, April 21, 2008

29 Weeks

Here's my view of the world at 29 weeks pregnant. Getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger...Here's what's happening in my pregnant world right now:
1) I'm feeling a little bit better about having two children now that Eli's new big boy room is almost finished. Just the final touches are needed...curtain valance is sewed and hung, bed is put together, mattress is purchased...all that is left is artwork for the walls (my favorite part). Next, getting Eli to sleep on his new bed.
2) Eli made his very FIRST poo-poo in the potty. I normally wouldn't announce that to the general public but it's a BIG event, one that I've been working on achieving for quite a while. It might actually be possible to have Eli potty trained before Baby Butler arrives!
3) My garden (couldn't post a blog without talking about the garden) is about 85% planted and blooms are arriving daily. I couldn't imagine delivering another child without a garden that is flourishing and freshly painted toe nails.
4) I'm sleeping better...PRAISE THE LORD!
5) I now have to visit my OB every TWO weeks. Can you believe that. I don't remember having to visit the OB every two weeks at only 28 weeks pregnant during my first pregnancy.
6) I bought a new maternity bathing suit. I tried on the bathing suit from my first pregnancy and quickly found out it wouldn't work for this one. I found a cute, cute bathing suit (I can't believe I used the word cute and bathing suit in the same sentence) the other day and I'm patiently waiting for our HOA to open the community pool.
7) Despite eating what I consider a whole lot of food (I'm always hungry) during this past month, I only gained 4 pounds at my last OB appointment. I don't take any credit for it though...all the credit goes to my dear Eli who keeps me chasing him down our little cull-de-sack, chasing him in the park, walking him to the park, running around the house with him and lifting 30 pound weights (a.k.a. ELI).
8) The other day I was 100% certain that I'm having a BOY. Then, while walking through the baby section at a store, I saw a girl outfit. It finally dawned on me that there is a 50% chance I'm having a GIRL. Then, I went to Babies-R-Us and saw all the cute little BOY outfits with bugs, reptiles and animals on them...I said to David, "I want another little BOY." Then, just a few steps away there was a GIRL outfit that I actually liked because it wasn't too ruffled and overly pink, I then said to David, "oh, maybe I want a GIRL." David has no comment...he's just happy we're having a baby.
***

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hey, I can't believe you are 29 weeks along. It seems like you've got lots of energy. I guess I'm more of the lazy sort while pregnant. The energy is zapped out of me. Give Eli a little hug. What a cute boy.