Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sick, sick, sick

There's a lot of illnesses going around our little town lately. It seems as though, we've picked them all up. Eli is sick, very sick. He has a pretty bad case of strep throat. This is how our night went last night:
12:30 a.m. I was holding my sweet baby and we had to make a run for the bathroom, if you know what I mean
1:00 a.m. Finally got Eli to bed. He probably would have gone to sleep earlier but I didn't feel comfortable putting him to bed with such a high fever. I was worried, very worried
3:00 a.m. I set my alarm clock to wake up and check on Eli
4:00 a.m. Poor Mr. E woke up still very warm and with a very dirty diaper (I won't say the word). So, at 4:00 a.m. I gave him a bath and did a load of laundry to wash his bedding
The rest of the early morning we spent cuddling and sleeping on the couch. Oh, did I mention, Eli only wants me to hold him? And, I'm talking hold him 24/7. So, the dishes are not clean, David made dinner, I haven't showered and I've been watching a lot of cartoons...over and over again.
***
More to write when Eli's well!

No comments: